What to Bring
All climbing/rappelling gear is provided. Please note that you will be required to wear a climbing helmet. One may bring their own equipment as long as it is approved climbing equipment. This however does not provide a discount.
- Clothing that is comfortable to climb in. Long pants are recommended. Shorts can be worn; however it is easy to scratch knees. If it is going to be cold, dress in layers, you can become hot while climbing. If it is going to rain, bring a rain jacket.
- Closed-toed shoes – Tennis shoes or hiking boots work best. No flip-flops.
- Waivers – Every person that participates in our activities needs a waiver. Download the waiver here.
- Adults – An adult is considered 18 years of age or older. For the Via Ferrata an adult is needed to participate with youth ages 10-14 in a 1:5 ratio of adult to youth. For guided rock climbing, an adult is required to be present for youth ages 14 and under. The adult may not have to participate but may be required wear a harness and helmet to aid the guide with rope set up. An adult doesn’t have to pay if not participating, but will be required to sign a waiver.
- Water can be taken with you during your climb. You may want to bring a water-bottle holder (such as a Camelbak or fanny-pack).
- Food is not provided. We recommend a lunch and a few snacks. There is a Pepsi vending machine (including water) on site.
- Bug spray
- Fingerless Gloves are recommended but not required for the via ferrata only. A fingerless glove such as a weight lifting or cycling glove works well. If full fingered, make sure the glove fits snugly so the finger tips do not get in the way of working our via ferrata clips. Gloves are not provided but can be purchased on site. If rappelling, you will be provided with gloves. For all other activities, gloves are not recommended.